Friday 4 November 2011

The Journey of my book ‘HOPE with Eating Disorders’

As many of you may already know I have been writing a book called ‘HOPE with Eating Disorders’ for the past 2 years! It has been a rollercoaster to say the least but… it is almost finished!! It is being published in April 2012 by HayHouse publishers. We have decided on the front cover, but I will show you all when it has been confirmed!
The reason I first decided to write this book is very different to what the book is about now. Someone once said to me your story is so inspirational and I think you should write a book about it. So this was literally going to be me writing families story, so from when my daughter developed her eating disorder to me becoming a counsellor…I must admit that would have made a very interesting book, but would it actually help many people? Maybe not so much. So as the book continued it developed into a help guide for carers of eating disorders – Parents, Teachers, Siblings, Friends and many more. And actually even for people not affected by an eating disorder, maybe if someone just wants to understand them more.
 My writing is from the heart and I speak from first-hand experience, my main motto is – ‘not one thing works for every person’ – this is what I have found not only from my experience but all my many clients I have worked with. As you read my blog more and more you will gain the knowledge form all aspects with how to cope with or just to understand eating disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment